Force Accountability Transparency Software
Force Accountability Transparency Software (FACTS), is a web-based software solution that allows officers to document use of force incidents immediately and generate reports while still in the field. Developed out of necessity in today’s rapidly changing law enforcement climate, FACTS was designed to adapt to an agency’s use of force reporting requirements and provide law enforcement with an invaluable tool to facilitate vital documentation processes easily and more efficiently.
When used collectively, the SHIELD Suite enables a fully integrated early warning system that alerts agency management to potential liability issues before they escalate (i.e. Internal Affairs, Use of Force, Field Training, Field Investigation Reporting, Profiling, Immigration Investigations, Vehicle Pursuits, Employee Training Records Management, Employee Complaint and Employee Traffic Crash Reporting). Additionally, the data collected can assist department heads with implementing modifications to officer training procedures, making updates to agency use of force policies and allocating resources such as manpower. Information can also be easily disseminated to an agency’s use of force management team, the media, state and federal regulators or placed on the agency’s website for community transparency.
Additional benefits of the FACTS application include:
- Paperless (email or print PDF reports)
- Multi-document attachments to reports (i.e. witness statements, offense reports, etc.)
- Multi-recording attachments to reports (i.e. wave files, smart phone recordings, dashboard and body camera recordings, etc.)
- Direct link to Evidence.com for Taser© body camera recording and Taser© firing report downloads
- Report display options to suit agency preference
- Automatic updates at no cost